1) We started our Westward Migration Unit this week! One of my favorite units EVER to teach! I set up the unit as a simulation like a lot of teachers do! The classroom desks are arranged as "wagon trains" circled around a "campfire" and wagon families earn points as they are trying to get to Oregon City. Mrs. Renz has some AMAZING products on TPT to help on this journey! Highly recommend everything she has in her store!
2) Um..it has been a long week as I had NO VOICE! It started to go on Monday and was completely gone by Monday evening! Thankfully the voice is coming back...it is Friday after all!
3) One of my students was in Chicago last week and on Monday morning she walked in with this...
a SPRINKLES cupcake! I love this bakery! What a special treat this was!
4) We have been working hard on prefixes this week! I used a great activity from The Grammarheads! They have written this catchy song called, "The Prefix Kick" and my kiddos LOVE it! I also used Primary Polka Dots, "Flower Pot Prefixes and Suffixes" TPT product. I love this product because it not only makes a great bulletin board, who doesn't love flowers and flower pots, but ALSO you can make a great center with it! I love products that I am able to use in different ways!
5) Today I had the opportunity to attend a Staff Development for Educators conference in Wichita (just about an hour away from me). I signed up for this conference because Rachelle Smith from What The Teacher Wants was going to be there! I have followed this blog for a couple of years and simply love everything that is posted and I USE just about everything that they post! The chance to actually meet one of my blog heroes was AMAZING! I can't wait to blog about all of the great things I learned...that is all for another post!
Happy Weekend! Make sure you check back at Doodle Bug for everyone's FIVE for FRIDAY!