Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's a Birthday Party Linky!

I love BIRTHDAYS! I love everything about them...from the cake, to the presents, to the decorations, to the laughter, to blowing out the candles. My dad was a huge BIRTHDAY person! I always felt like a princess on my birthday because of my dad! One year my best friend and I both received YEAR PASSES to Disneyland for our birthdays! Oh my what a great year that was! We would go at least twice a week! We knew the insides and outsides of D-land! My dad passed away when he was just 38 years old from complications of diabetes and heart issues, he didn't get to celebrate enough birthdays. I think one of the reasons why I love birthdays so much is because my dad didn't get to celebrate very many AND I want to live my life to the fullest and I want others to feel special on their day as well!
This is the reason why I am linking up with WHAT THE TEACHER WANTS Happy Birthday linky! Don't you just love this idea....
I have a class this year that needs a lot of specific examples of what KINDNESS looks like, feels like, and sounds likes! I started back in September with a Random Acts of Kindness unit! We have kept that up throughout the year. After the Sandy Hook tragedy the kids wanted to do RAKS for each person that passed away! One of our favorite RAKS we have done is our COFFEE CART (idea from LESSON PLANS SOS)
We had two coffee carts set up with coffee and hot chocholate along with some treats! Small groups of students went to each classroom and offered a cup of kindness to each teacher! Oh my goodness! The teachers LOVED it! It was such a suprise for them! We even had a few tears from teachers! Teachers asked if the coffee cart was coming out every Friday!
Natalie, I hope you have a super, wonderful birthday! What RAK do you have to share? Make sure you link up with What The Teacher Wants!






6 comments:

  1. I love your site!! Great job! I am your newest follower. Come and check out my blog if you get a chance.

    http://abasketfullofapples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I'm so happy that you linked up! The coffee cart idea is too cute!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story about your dad brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks! He was a pretty special guy!
      Hope you have a wonderful day!
      Carmen

      Delete