Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful on Thursday



“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” 
 ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables 

I love this quote from L.M. Montgomery, but for me right now I am thankful that it is March...almost APRIL! We had SNOW this past weekend, but today it felt like SPRING was in the air! I am OH so thankful for sunny skies, crisp weather, and the fact that we have a four day weekend to enjoy it all!




Please ignore the messy desks!
Focus on all of the kids READING! 

I am thankful that today my students read for 42 minutes! Building Stamina! Building Stamina! I have said that 1,000 times this year! "In order to be better readers we have to READ!" Today, I felt like it finally ALL came together! Seeing the kids engaged in their reading was and is PRICELESS to me! 





One more thing I am thankful for this Thursday is that I finally finished my FIRST for sale TPT product! I am so excited about this product and I hope (fingers crossed) others will be as well! You can check out the product here


Click Here to go to Tara's Blog to share what you are thankful for! :)



Happy Spring Weekend Friends! 






8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the brand new product! :) TPT is a fun journey for sure! :) It's wonderful to see your kiddos reading with such great stamina! :) 42 minutes is a Looooong time to a 9 year old! :) That's fabulous!
    Thanks for sharing your thankfulness with us! :)
    Regards,
    Tamara


    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I kept checking my timer and looking around the classroom...are they truly engaged in reading? They were so excited to graph these 42 minutes!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first product - I am so excited for you and I am wishing you big success! Speaking of success - 42 minutes of reading - you need to celebrate that!! Have a great weekend.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! You are such a wonderful encourager!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  3. WOW! 42 minutes of reading!!! I would have LOVED that when I was a kid! Thank you so much for linking up! And Congrats on the first product! <3

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friend! Thanks for stopping by...It was so exciting! I didn't want to stop them! They were SO excited to graph that 42 mins! :)
      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. 42 minutes... AMAZING... I try to not "bother" my kids at least 3 times a week and let them JUST READ...I DONT pull groups, I DO go walk around and just look at where they are in their books, I DO make note on WHAT they are reading....but I LET THEM JUST READ! I cannot begin to tell you how many kids have THANKED me for it. Really, nothing more frustrating when you just "get-into a good book" and have to stop to be in a reading group...
    Way to GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I struggle at times with "getting in the way!" I actually looked at my timer several times...thinking "do I stop them...should we keep going..." So glad I did, the look of accomplishment on their faces was PRICELESS! I love, love being able to teach this week!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Carmen

      Delete