Friday, April 19, 2013

Five for Friday!





How can it already be FRIDAY? The days are just FLYING by! I feel like everything is measured in days now! 10 days until Wax Museum Presentations, 2 days until BOE meeting, 15 days until All Schools Day, etc! This year has just flown by! 

So here we go....

# 1 


Gotta love a small town! The main bank in town posted pictures of the 1st Place winners  from the KS State Destination Imagination teams! My two teams took first place in their challenges! SO MUCH FUN! 


#2 


It was my birthday this week! My kiddos were so sweet to bring in treats and flowers! We are studying myths and legends right now and one of my sweet boys asked, "Miss Z were you born when this legend was written?" .... "UM NO!!!!!!!" 

#3 


I am moving to a new school in the fall! Lots of mixed emotions! I love the school I am at, but at my new school I will get to loop with my kiddos! This was my first box I packed! Trying to get a little ahead of the game. 

#4 
I looked up from my guided reading table to find two kiddos on the library cart reading! OH MY GOODNESS! I about had a heart attack, afraid someone would get hurt and then I just started laughing! 

#5

I had the privilege of giving a Writing PD for teachers in grades K-2. The favorite activity that we did was this "Techno Scavenger Hunt." I created a  Powerpoint Slide that linked to tons of great writing resources! The teachers LOVED it! It was so easy to do as well! 

The best part of today is that I took a 1/2 day and had lunch with a dear friend! 

Hope everyone has a great day! Make sure you check out the MANY bloggers that will link up at Five for Friday! 


CARMEN


18 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday. I have been very reluctant to change schools because I don't want to have to pack up all my things! You are wise to get a head start. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So understand your thinking! I keep looking at the cabinets and just think ... "I can do this! I can do this!"
      Happy, Happy Weekend!

      Carmen

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Thanks so much for including me in your PowerPoint. I would LOVE to see it if you are willing to email it to me. I bet I could learn a thing or two!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lori.. what an honor to send you my powerpoint...but not sure if I will teach you much...you are the guru of K-2 writing! I will send you the pp this weekend!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
    2. I truly look forward to it! Thanks, Carmen!
      Ѽ Lori
      Teaching With Love and Laughter
      luvyorkies@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Love the scavenger hunt idea!!! and you are too sweet to include us! LOVE U!!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) It was so funny because you had done the Writing Conference post the night before and said..."So Carmen this is for you" and the teachers were laughing... "How funny that another teacher named Carmen is asking this blogger about writing conferences when that is what we are talking about!" .... i just laughed! :) A couple of my friends knew it was me you were referencing, but most did not! :)

      :) HAPPY WEEKEND!

      Carmen

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much Teri! I just finished cutting out your Whimsical Weather product to use this next week! The kids will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You're so lucky to get to loop with your class! I love my class this year and wish I could! Guess you'll be a 4th grade blogger like me next year! Glad to meet you! Found you through the linky!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. When towns do things like that, no matter the size, it is so great for the kids (and their proud parents and teachers).

    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did those kids even fit on the library cart? Very flexible. I'm glad to find another third grade teacher, but I guess you will be in fourth next year?

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? ESP on the second tier! :) YEP...moving to 4th, but I so love 3rd!

      Heading over to your blog!

      Carmen

      Delete
  8. I loved your Five for Friday. But then, I also love your small town. I completely understand the mixed emotions about moving classes. I can't wait to be back in my town, but I hate leaving where I'm at...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Have you heard about any openings?

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  9. Hi Carmen! I found you through the Kansas blogger linky. I'm changing jobs next year too...moving to a new district (where my own kids go) and will be teaching 2nd grade. I'm really excited about it, but I will miss my current school too.

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck Crystal with the new job! I am heading out to check your blog!

      :) Carmen

      Delete