Friday, May 10, 2013

Five for Friday!

I always love writing the FIVE FOR FRIDAY post as I love being able to pick out some of the great moments from the week! It helps me to realize that even after having a rough week there are many, many great moments that I did have! 





My awesome teacher friends and I headed to Wichita (about an hour away) right after school on Tuesday! Our mission was to go to the Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale! OH MY! So glad that we did! Everything was 50% and then if you spent $100 (really $200) you would get $25 off! So I purchased $200 worth of books for my classroom library for only $75.00! Yahoo! I am moving to a 4th-5th loop next year so the new books were a necessity! 




We worked on Mothers/Grandmothers day projects all week! The students make a bouquet of flower using piper cleaners, colorful paper, tissue paper and ribbon! The students traced their hands to make the lilies  I LOVE, LOVE how the bouquet turned out! I saw this idea on Pinterest, of course! 

We also used Lesson Plans SOS Mother's Day Portrait product for the front of our cards! On the inside of our cards we wrote all about our moms using the graphic organizers found in this awesome product: Oh Momma  Since I was all adventurous we all so made the amazing Homemade Lemon Scrub that is featured in this product. I have sugar all of our my classroom, but it was worth it! I found the cutest little pedicure kits at Target (Dollar Spot!) to add to the scrub for the moms! Each kiddo went home with a writing piece, lemon sugar scrub, and a bouquet of flowers for their mom or grandma! 



We celebrated the Kentucky Derby last Friday using Abby Mullins AMAZING, WONDERFUL, AWESOME, SO MUCH FUN product! I took lots of pictures last Friday, but this one is my favorite! I looked up from my Guided Reading table and four of my boys were wearing their Kentucky Derby hats and  watching the derby from 1973!! "Go Number 2!" "Go Number 8!"  It was amazing all the learning that took place! We read non-fiction text, we learned about horses, we brushed up on our probability skills, and the list goes on and on! 



This has NOTHING to do with school, but I LOVE, LOVE sushi! There is no place in my tiny town that serves sushi! :(  Last Friday I got to go have sushi with my parents an hour away and then TODAY I get to go as well, this time on a date! So even if the date is a bust, I still get to have some sushi!  


Do you not just love this? My friend Crystal from The Library Fox is making these special graphics! Every time I see it, it just makes me smile! Especially the Thirty-One bag! Today I carried in THREE bags! If you have a chance check out Crystal's store! She has the most amazing Chevron Letters ever! 

Special thanks to Pink Cat studio for the adorable frames that I used throughout this blog post! JUST love them! They make me so happy! 


Well friends, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Only 9 1/2 days of school left! 



10 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Brandee! Congrats on moving to a 4th-5th loop! I did that for a while and loved it. :) I am hopefully permanently 5th ELA now. :) Happy Friday!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) If you are 5th ELA now, have you seen YOUNG TEACHER LOVE's new ELA packet? It covers ALLLL of the CCS for ELA! It looks AMAZING!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  2. Hope the date isn't a bust! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through the linky. What fantastic gifts your class made for their moms/grandmas. I just got a flyer for a Scholastic Book Sale - I have never been before but I am jealous of your bag of books so I may have to check it out! Good luck with the loop, I teach grade 3/4 but also taught these kids in grade 2 - three years with the same kids (and teacher) can be long some days - but mostly it is great.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I LOOOVE the flowers you shared on your blog! :) SOO FUN! I will need to pin that to remember for next year! WOW..THREE YEARS with one group..that is a lot! I am really excited for the loop experience, but I am guessing two years will be my max with one group! Hope you are able to go the Scholastic Sale!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. Loved reading about your week! I actually saw you today! I love your love for your students. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Carrie! Sorry I missed today!!! :( :( Let's make sure we get together this summer!!

      :)
      Carmen

      Delete
  5. Woww what a great deal at the Scholastic Warehouse sales! I always see the flyers posted in our workroom for those - guess I should go check one out! Anyways, I'm your newest follower. Super cute blog! :)

    ~Alyssa
    http://absherallstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute site. I love your graphic with the 31 bag. Did you know they hold water??? True story my water bottle spilled and I had a river in the bottom of my teachers bag. Everything was wet but I took it all out and then literally dumped the water out of the bag and dried the inside with paper towels. LOVE my 31 bag!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete