Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday!

I love Five for Friday! I am excited that since I am on summer break I will actually be able to post for this awesome linky! 


1.  SUMMER Dinner with Friends....


Sorry for the dark picture...this is the clean up pic! 

I love having people over for dinner! I love planning out the menu, I love setting the table, I love the conversations, I love sitting at the table and drinking coffee and just talking. I also love the clean-up. I love thinking about how the food worked together, I make notes for the next dinner, I revisit the conversations, I just love it all! I am thrilled that it is summer time and I can actually have people over every week! 

2. Getting ready for China 



I am heading off on a summer adventure July 4-August 6! I am heading to China! I am going to be teaching in a summer program for middle school students! We get to travel all over China! I love to travel and I love to research before I go, so I will start blogging about what I learn and then of course blog from China! I can't wait! 


3. Cleaning..cleaning...cleaning 
I know this sounds crazy, but I love finding a new cleaning supply! I LOVE the new Windex Touch-Up product! It makes cleaning up the bathroom SO DARN EASY! 

4. Summer Reading 



I love a good book. I love all kinds of books! I am looking forward to digging into these books over the summer! 

5. Running towards a 10K 

Last spring I started running and I ran in two 5K races. I loved it so much! Then summer came and it was too hot, I was moving to a new home, and the excuses built up. This summer I promised myself that I would start running again. I am on Week one, Day 3 of Couch Potato to 10K. Fingers crossed! 

I hope you will check out the rest of the links for Five for Friday! 

Happy Weekend! 









9 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen! Last year I ran a 5k and loved it so much, but then this year a bunch of excuses happened and I feel like I have to start all over again! Ah well... it's good to have goals to work towards. If only I could work on TPT while I was running along...

    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm how could we do TPT and running at the same time!! By the way I LOVE your blog design! So cute...so "Whimsy"!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous you are going to China! How exciting!! I am stuck home this summer, but I guess I can't complain right ;) I have been a runner my whole life, but since I started surfing I have gotten out of running shape. I just posted about getting back into it :)

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO want to learn how to surf! Maybe one of these days I will come and visit you and you can teach me! Good Luck with getting into running again!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  3. What an opportunity for you to be teaching in China! How very cool!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your blog BTW!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are going to be a busy lady! So wonderful that you are going to get to teach in China. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I hope you have a wonderful summer!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  5. It sounds like an amazing summer! I like to run, actually I refer to it as a joggle- half jog and half waddle! Yep, I'm slow but it's just one foot in front of the other. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete