Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fun In The Sun Linky



I am joining my friend Tamara for her weekly FUN IN THE SUN linky party! 



We have been out of school for ONE WEEK! How did that happen? It went by SO FAST! Last Thursday I woke up at 5 AM so I could get to school and get all of the last minute, last day of school projects done! Today I woke up at 9:00 am, made some coffee, and am sitting at my nice comfy couch still in my pjs! I.LOVE.SUMMER.

My FUN so far has been all about these little birdies! 






I have watched them from eggs, hatch, and now mama bird is feeding them. I am guessing in the next week they are going to learn how to fly! I just love them! 

I have been working a lot in my garden! This is the FIRST year I have had a garden and I am so enjoying it! I planted lettuce, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, rosemary, and mint. This was my lunch yesterday...
Best lettuce EVER
I am moving to a new school in the fall, so part of closing down the school year was moving all of my stuff to my new school. We packed up everything and on Saturday morning in ONE HOUR this amazing crew moved it all. It took one truck, one mini van, and two cars, but we did it! 

My awesome friends who helped move everything! 

I hope you have a lovely summer week! Make sure you check out all of the FUN IN THE SUN posts!






10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brandee! I ran into the principal today and he told me I could get into my room as of NEXT WEEK. Now...I am excited, BUT I want a little more summer! :)

      Delete
  2. Those baby birds are ADORABLE! I am inspired to plant...something:)
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen!
    That lettuce looks delicious! Way to go on that green thumb of yours!!! :) Those baby birds are too sweet! :) I can't wait to hear about your adventures in your new school!! Thanks for linking up!!! :)
    XOXO,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and creating this linky! This is the most comments on a post I have ever had! YAHOOO! :)

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to be closer and we can talk teaching! That does look like one awesome crew! :) So great to have great friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be AWESOME Carrie! Any news on the job front?

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  5. How cool is that?!!? I have always wanted to grow my own herbs and lettuce, but I have NO gardening skills. Every time I try...I fail! LOL

    Just found you through the linky! Come visit me sometime!

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie! I thought the SAME thing was going to happen to be as well! It has helped that we have had A LOT OF RAIN. I have all of these ideas for next year of what to plant!

      :) Carmen

      Delete