Sunday, June 30, 2013

Currently: JULY

How can it already be JULY? I have been out of school for SIX weeks already! Here is my CURRENTLY! 


Listening: I LOVE NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! The show cracks me up!





Loving: I found a wonderful cavas print at Hobby Lobby yesterday! I also had purchased these frames through Pick Your Plum a few months ago! FINALLY I was able to put it all together! I think I still need a couple more smaller frames to complete the look! 

THinking: I leave for China on THURSDAY (like in FOUR DAYS). I will be in China for SEVEN WEEKS. My house is a DISASTER. I need to defrost my freezer. Finish up laundry. Mop. Unplug everything. And the list goes on and on! Ugg...

Wanting: Oh yah, I have to PACK as well. Seriously I love traveling, but all of this packing and cleaning is FOR.THE.BIRDS! 

Needing:  A Circle Cutter! Kristen from Ladybug Teacher Files ALWAYS talks about her circle cutter. I for sure need one! 

Tips: I am heading out on a big adventure sometimes my expectations of what that big adventure should look like, feel like, sound like get in the way of the actual adventure. So my prayer for this coming adventure is to ENJOY each moment...to be PRESENT in every moment. This time in China will go SO FAST and sooner than I realize I will be heading on a plane BACK to the USA. I hope you will take the same advice in your summer break...ENJOY the JOURNEY! 

I hope you will check ou the wonderful Currently Posts at Oh' Boy 4th Grade! 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading your Currently! Do you have a circle cutter of any kind? I might be able to help you out. I really liked your advice! You can take that old saying about "wherever you go, there you are" and change that meaning to make it fit too. Or say... wherever you go, BE THERE. Have a great trip, go in without expectation, and take it for what its worth. It will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie! I do have one..but not the fancy one like Kristen has! :) Haha! THANKS for the advice...how can it NOT be a good trip?!!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  2. I'm your newest follower! How exciting to travel to China. I always thought it looked like a great place to explore! Enjoy!!
    TeachingIsLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seven weeks in China! I would settle for a few days in the sun. Hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete