Monday, June 3, 2013

Made It Monday: MY LIVING ROOM!

I am VERY excited to link up for the FIRST time with MADE IT MONDAY! 


Last summer I moved into my new home! I was SO excited! It is my first time in my adult life living in a HOUSE not an apartment or a duplex! Makes such a difference for me! 

I had lots of projects I couldn't wait to start working on! Before I could do that I had to figure out what colors I wanted in my living room. This process...my mom says is PAINFUL. I love colors, all colors, so deciding on three colors to use took me 4 trips to Sherwin Williams, 3 trips to Lowes, and 2 trips to Wal-mart. My mom stuck with me through most of those trips. 

I decided to go with a turquoise, magenta, and yellow! By the way don't you love paint color names: Surfer, Coffee Pot, Happiness, Barcelona Street. I want to have the job of naming paint colors! 

I love the photo collages that I have seen all over Pinterest, I knew that is something I wanted to do. I spent weeks finding photo frames at garage sales that I would be able to paint. 


It was the summer of painting! 

Here is the result



I added some decorated clothespins to each frame.  Here is what the space looks like all done! 


The other project I have been working on for my living room is an AWESOME hutch that I found at a garage sale. I paid $10.00 for it! I am in LOVE with how it turned out! I am still deciding on what color to paint the drawers (you will see they are hiding under the finished hutch in the picture). 

The project I am working on this week is to paint and actually HANG some frames for my bedroom! I can't wait! I found the frames on Pick Your Plum for only $16 for ALL FIVE of them! 



Well friends, I hope you have lots of fun organizing and creating this summer! Can't wait to check out all of your posts! 

Happy Day! 



11 comments:

  1. Love your projects! Your blog is also super cute! That hutch is awesome! I love finds like that and then redoing them:) Last summer one of my Monday Made Its was a dresser for my bedroom that I painted turquoise:) Love it! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this party and thanks for stopping by!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love your projects! Inspiration for me to get painting!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! It is so much fun to share all of the projects we all do! :)

      Carmen

      Delete
  3. oh Carmen!!! I just sighed happily looking at everything!! So, so pretty :) :)

    I agree with you on the paint names...that goes for nail polish too, dontcha think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP...have you seen the Ellen clip about Nail Polish names.... SO FUN!
      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. Wow! Fabulous creations!! I especially LOVE the hutch :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I am heading to check out your blog!

      Carmen

      Delete
  5. OH MY WORD!!! PLEASE come decorate my house!

    ReplyDelete