Saturday, June 8, 2013

Optimum Organization & Monday Made It: Cards, Notes, Pictures, OH MY!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I had SO much fun last Saturday exploring all of the fun Optimum Organization  and Monday Made it blog posts! I learned A LOT! I have already started putting my room together for the fall, so many of the ideas I am using RIGHT NOW.  

I am thrilled to be linking up one again with three of my favorite bloggers for there weekly summer party! 









Don't you just love the notes, cards, and art work you receive from your students? I have a file called "HEART WARMERS" and whenever I am having a bad day, I browse through that file and it reminds me WHY I LOVE TO TEACH. 

I never know where to put all of those special notes from my students. I think it is important that they see that I VALUE the picture they drew or the words they wrote. Most of the time I just stuffed everything in a file folder. UNTIL this past school year! 

I saw this picture on Pinterest. I would LOVE to tell you the blog post that it goes with, but the link is dead once you click out of Pinterest. I thought that I just might be able to use it for all of my special notes! 


That next Saturday I went out to the salvage yard in town and picked up my own shutter for $2.00! I got a can of dark orange spray paint for only $2.00 (If you know me you will know that it took me about FOUR hours to decide on the color orange!).  I ruffed it up a bit with some sand paper and then went to town with the spray paint.  I added a hook at the bottom and a couple of embellishments...just because I love embellishments! Here it is hanging up!  






So I had a place to put everything, but then at the end of the year I realized I STILL needed to know what I was going to do with all of these special treasures! SO I went back to Pinterest! 

Again, I would love to tell you where this is from, but this was also a dead link

BRILLIANT IDEA! I am so going to do this with my Christmas Cards this next year! I grouped up all of my notes, pictures, etc and organized them as best I could. I used a 2 in whole punch and a comb binding machine to put them all together. (Well, actually my MOM did it for me!) 






Now I have a lovely book of memories for this school year ALL ORGANIZED! 

I hope you have a great time exploring all of the awesome organization ideas at 





and for lots of ideas of things to make stuff by...


Thanks so much for stopping by! 





13 comments:

  1. I love your shutter! Orange is one of my favorite colors and my school colors were orange and black this year, which I just loved. Have fun organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie for stoppin by! Any news on the job front?

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  2. aw Carmen, you do the most beautiful organizational projects!!! I wish we lived closer to one another so we could craft together (or at the very least, spend hours picking out paint colors!) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are SO going to do that one day! We can spend the day at the paint store and then go get some cheesecake!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  3. I just discovered your blog through the Optimum Organization linky. Your blog design is super cute, and I love these ideas. I am so sentimental, so this is right up my alley! I am your newest follower! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! ME tooo on being so sentimental!! :) It gets me in trouble sometimes! I am curious about your blog name...I LOVE it! How did you come up with it?

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  4. What a great storage idea with that shutter! It looks great!

    Kim
    Mrs. H's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I am heading over to your blog to check it out!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  5. I love the orange shutter, what a fun and cute way to display notes from your little lovelies!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I am heading over to your blog right now to check it out!

      :) Carmen

      Delete
  6. Love the shutter idea for cards! We have many old shutters in our house and I never thought of using them that way. We have some old, flaky-painted ones coming off the outside of the house this summer, too. This would actually make a neat gift... Thanks so much for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card idea! I could use one in my classroom for notes! :) Great post.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carmen! I love how the shutter came out! I just found your blog, I’m your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete