Thursday, August 1, 2013

ABC's of China Post # 1

It is hard to believe that I left the States 30 days ago! I sit here in my hotel room and I am just amazed at all that has taken place in the past month! I have tried to blog several times, but the internet and blogger don't seem to work well here! This was the first time everything seems to be working! 

I was trying to decide what is the best way to do this post as there are SO many things to tell write about! So I decided to do the ABC's of CHINA! 

A- ADVENTURE 冒險
For those of you that don't know I am working in China this summer for the company Brain Gym. They are the creators of programs such as Fast Forward and Reading Assistant  Their goal in our three camps this summer is to bring project based learning to China. We not only have worked with many students, but also teachers. 

Adventure is a good word to describe all that I am doing this summer. A few pictures from some of our adventures....

From the PEA ICE CREAM (Peas are EVERYWHERE) 



to my class list (can you read the names?) 



to climbing the Great Wall of China 


B-Beautiful 美麗
Many of students don't know very much English, but they do know the word "Beautiful." They use it all the time! "It is a beautiful day!" "You are beautiful" "The flowers are beautiful " They are correct...so many things are SO BEAUTIFUL here! 

The Lotus Flower 

Red ribbons are tied around trees to remember special moments and/0r special people.  

This is at Westlake...words can't describe how BEAUTIFUL this place is....


I am looking forward to posting more this week! I am also finishing up  a super freebie all about China that I can't wait to share with you all! 

再見 (Good-Bye for now) 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I can't wait to read more about it! :)
    ~HoJo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carmen! I've been wondering how you are doing there, loved reading about it, it must be an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! I just found your blog and this is SO cool. Pea ice cream??? Oh goodness! Safe travels. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete