Thursday, August 8, 2013

Google Forms-How they can CHANGE your life!


I have had a lot of time to read and plan this summer while traveling through China. I am moving to a new school and a new grade level so to have that time has been so helpful! I also got an IPAD this summer so I have been trying to see how I can use it in my classroom to help reduce paper clutter.  


I love conferencing with my students, but I always disliked that they had to come to me, that I couldn't go to them (well, I could go to them, but then I would have to carry my massive conferencing binder with me!). 


I started looking around for some different forms I could use on my IPAD, but I couldn't find just what I wanted. I was talking with my roommate one evening about this and she introduced me to Google Forms (do you hear the Angel Choir singing?).  This is one of those how did I not know about this items? 


If you use Google Drive then you have access to Google Forms. 


In about 30 minutes I created this Reading Workshop Conferencing Google Form! 


Click on the photo and it will take you to the actual form! 


Hopefully this tutorial will help you get started.... 











I hope this helps you! I think there are SO many uses for Google Forms. I can't wait to keep creating! 


I came across a few blog posts about Google Forms that I hope will encourage you: 

Google Forms that Teachers Should NOT MISS  
Using Google Docs Forms to Run a Peer-Review Writing Workshop
Using Google Forms in Reading 


Special thanks to: 
Jen Jones from the Doodle Chalkboard Frames and to Mrs. Skyes for the wonderful chevron paper! 


Blessings,
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh.my.word, Carmen, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have carpal tunnel horribly. If I write too much, I wake up with my hand in a fist and literally have to pry my fingers open :( Typing is not as bad. This will work so well for me!!!

    Lisa
    Fluent in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Lisa! SO glad this will be helpful to you! I honestly can't wait to start using it with my kids! Let me know if I can help in anyway!
    Happy Day!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carmen! Once I get my room finished, I will be digging deep into this. I love things like this to save time and make things consistent. Perfect!

      Lisa
      Fluent in Fourth

      Delete
  3. Wow! This sounds amazing!!! I really appreciate you walking us through how to use this awesome resource. Best wishes for a fantastic year!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole! I truly hope it is helpful for you!

      Blessings! Carmen

      Delete
  4. I am going to try this ..... not sure when, but sometime.....trying to keep my head above water now....that is what procrastination has done to me! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will find it will help you SO much! I made one for my kids to fill out for a reading survey as well! So excited about that!

    See you in a few minutes!!
    :) Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carmen! I could hug you!! Thank you for explaining this out, it helps greatly!! I am so excited about doing the same this year, for the exact same reasons you mentioned :) :)

    I'm going to share this on my Facebook page right now, it is so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet...thanks so much! I sent out a Google Form to my new parents this past week, it was so great to get the info all on line (instead of 20 papers!)! I am excited to start with the Readers Conference form on Monday! I will try and keep blogging about them as I am able to implement them in my room! You are the best! :)

      Delete