Friday, April 4, 2014

Easy Fix for Ugly Brick Walls and a Freebie!


Don't you just LOVE those ugly brick walls in schools? I never know what to do with them! Parent Teacher Conferences were  getting ready to happen and I knew I wanted to add something to the walls, but I also knew it needed to be EASY! 


I picked out some Chevron Solids 4" Designer Letters from Creative Teaching Press and got to work! 

Can I just say how much I love these letters? I love that they are a "light" chevron, but in GREAT colors! I thought they would be the perfect ACCENT I needed for the boring brick walls! 

 

 I LOVE how this wall turned out! Students used words and illustrations to depict their favorite learning experiences of the year so far. It was SO much fun to see what the students chose as their "favorite" moments! 

 

 Love the fact that this kiddo loves Moby Math! I happen to think Moby Math is the one of the best things "since sliced bread!"  


I love that this kiddo wrote about Collin's Bus! We had a great time learning about how school buses were made at the factory. 


On the other side of the wall I used the same letters to make a bold statement with our class "Instagram" wall.  I printed out pictures (in black and white)  from the quarter and then each kiddo wrote a caption for that pictures. This wall was a BIG HIT with kiddos and parents alike! 

Two super simple hallway displays that just honestly make me HAPPY! (BTW don't you just love Pharreell's HAPPY song?)

UPDATE-I received a few emails asking for a copy of the Top Ten Learning Experiences. I posted it on Teachers Pay Teachers! You can find it here for free! Enjoy!

Thanks Friends!







3 comments:

  1. I love this for so many reasons!! The letters look so pretty on the wall and your idea for the top ten is so smart!!! Thanks for sharing dear Carmen :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristen! You are the best! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I read your post and i appreciate your efforts. The information that you share in the above article is very nice and useful .All the things that you share with people, are very nice. Thanks for this article Santa Barbara Green Construction

    ReplyDelete