Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Made-It!

Oh SUMMER how I love you!


I am so excited to join many of you with Monday Made It! I can never do this during the school year, but this is one of my favorite things to do during the summer! 



 I have several things to share with you today! I am so excited about all that I have had the blessing of working on over the past few weeks of summer! 





My dear, sweet cousin April got married on June 1st in Portland, Oregon. I had the privilege of helping to set up everything and be the coordinator the day of the wedding! We used vintage plates, plum color napkins, burlap and lace, and flowers from the local market to create the table-scape. I loved it so much! What I loved even more is that the mason jars and burlap and lace could be used over and over again! I actually set my table up at home with some! So pretty! 





Okay..you might be wondering...what is this? It is a WATERMELON CAKE! A dear, sweet kindred spirit of mine (she is a fifth grader)  loves WATERMELON. A lot of our texts consist of watermelon things I see on my travels and so I take a picture and send it to her. I know it sounds silly! Anyways, we found this awesome recipe for a No-Bake Watermelon Cake. So my advice is follow the recipe to a T! The hardest part is cutting the watermelon. Mine watermelon did not come out in a nice, pretty circle, but it still worked and the cake still looked pretty awesome. I did put mine in the freezer until it was time to serve it. 







I know this is kinda of a weird "Monday Made-it," but I really did do this so I wanted to share! So last October I had a bit of a meltdown. Things were just TOUGH in my life. I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for a few years and things just kinda of came to head. I KNEW something had to change. Thanksgiving weekend I walked into a new health club that opened up in town. During the first two weeks I knew that my body would be able to do pretty much anything...but it was really my MINDSET that needed to change. I have some amazing support during this journey! I feel so blessed!
I can't wait to see what the next six months hold! (oh and NO PANIC ATTACKS since I started at the gym!) 


This past December all of the 4th graders at my school had the amazing opportunity to explore "The Nutcracker." We dove into this adventure not only during Guided Reading, but also in science, music, art, and writing! It was SO MUCH FUN! I am working on a few products to put up in my TPT store as we had such a blast with this theme unit! I know it is EARLY, but wanted to offer a freebie for you!  I created some happy nutcracker bookmarks for my kiddos to use and I am sure your kids can use them as well. I didn't have access to a colored printer, so I just printed them out on colored paper and laminated them! They turned out WONDERFULLY!
You can get them here for free!

Be sure to check in with 4th Grade Frolics for many more ideas!
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/06/monday-made-it-summer-week-3.html

Blessings! 

 



10 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so impressed at your transformation! That takes a lot of dedication! You look great! I love those nutcracker bookmarks too! Nutcrackers are my Christmas thing!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Nutcracker! Hope I remember I have those in December :)
    Congrats on your transformation. I started on the Daniel Plan Feb 1st, and you are so right -- it is about changing our minds; I will never "diet" again, instead I have embraced a healthy lifestyle that has me down 18 lbs. and running a 5k 3 mornings a week!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Julie! So excited for you! I have heard about the Daniel Plan...I will check that out as well. It's all about a lifestyle! I hope you have a great summer!
      Carmen

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss! Love the watermelon cake idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily!
      Thank you so much! I hope you have a great summer!

      Delete
  4. 53 pounds? That is AMAZING! Good for you! Love the idea of the no bake cake...except I don't care for watermelon all that much. :(
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, AWESOME job! I've been on my own crazy journey with weight loss and I totally admire the dedication!

    That watermelon cake looks DELICIOUS

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss! I am so proud of you! I am planning on starting that soon but I wanted to get over the summer first. I can't be out in the heat of the day or I get sick. As such it really limits my ability to do anything. I am stuck indoors until September. But in September... we can work together on this if you like.

    Misty
    www.thinkwonderteach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Misty! Thanks so much! Would love to team with you on this weight loss adventure! Shoot me an email at carmen.zeisler@mcpherson.com when you are ready!! :)
      Blessings,
      Carmen

      Delete