Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teacher Week: My Classroom!

Happy Day Friends!

I am SO excited to share with you my classroom for this wonderful, fantastic, awesome new school year! I love the girls at Blog Hoppin' and am so excited to link up with them for Teacher Week! 



I had an idea in my head of what I wanted my classroom to look like. I knew I wanted to use maps, quotes, and bright, happy colors. I looked ALL over Pinterst and took inspiration from Maria of Kinder-Craze, Rachelle Smith from What The Teacher Wants, Cara from The First Grade Parade, Kristen from Ladybug Teacher Files, Creative Teaching Press' new catalog, as well lots of ideas from Monday Made It's and a variety of craft blogs!

I am blessed this school year as I am looping up to 5th grade with my same kiddos. SO I had a very different kind of summer. I was not thinking and planning about those crucial beginning of the school activities, as I already know my kids and my kids know me. I was able to spend time really mapping out my classroom and spray painting EVERYTHING in site! I think my principal thought I was CRAZY. 

This is my also my 17th year in teaching....ahhhhhhhh! I think this is my favorite classroom ever. It really came together for me and my kiddos. We all love it so much! Our first day of school was simply fantastic! The kids were SO excited about our room. It was truly a magicial day for me! I LOVE looping! I love a bright, happy classroom! I love my kiddos! 



 As you enter my room my hope is that you see lots of colors! I also hope it is a calm space for kiddos! I want my kids to feel at home while in our 5Z classroom! 


Right as you enter you will find our Organization Station! I used a shelf I already had (yeah!) to create this one stop station. I found the lime green and blue buckets at the dollar spot at Target! The black buckets are dish plans from Dollar Tree! I used the chevron name tags from Creative Teaching and subject labels from Ladybug Teacher Files to help keep us organized! I LOVE my lamp! I spray painted an ugly lamp and found the shade at Dollar General for .25 CENTS! I also love my tissue paper flower pot! 

 


I really love how these flowers came out! A friend made them out of plastic tablecloths! I also love the yellow filing cabinet that everything is sitting on (I spray painted it!)! 



 I love our small group table (it is new this year!) and how everything came together in the back of the room! I made the curtains! Spray painted the lamp and the lampshade. The Daily Five posters are from Rachelle Smith, What the Teacher Wants! The amazing border is all from Creative Teaching Press!  


 We are using Ron Clark's "The Essential 55" in our classroom this year. We are focusing on 10 Essentials, a la Hope King! One of my favorite blog posts I have ever read!

I am already seeing a difference with my kiddos in just a few short days!


I love quotes and fell in love with this quote when I came across it! Do you know who said it? Winnie The Pooh! AHHHHH! Love it even more. I used Creative Teaching Press amazing products to create this bulletin board display! From the flowers to the chevron letters, to the borders. I just LOVE how it all turned out!


Realizing how uneven these pockets are, but I guess that is okay! The pockets will be used for our school-wide behavior program "On a Path To Sweet Success!" I am really excited about this, can't wait to blog more about it in the future!

I have already TRIED to keep classroom data, but this year I am TRULY going to do it! I dedicated an entire bulletin board to it! I am using Primary Polka Dots Data Binders for my kids, so I just blew up the same graphs to 11X17 to use for our classroom data! 

I am excited to try out this organization system this year! Our math books, science notebooks, word nerds notebooks, reading notebooks are all on this shelf! Along with our supply caddies! I am really hoping this works for us. We have pretty small desks, so we needed to try something a bit different!

I just love this picture! Yes, my kiddos know I love chevron! That awesome "Ms. Z" sign was made my one of my kiddos last year!

This is my friend Syd, sitting in this awesome chair that we spray painted! The pillow cases are from WAL-MART! I think that is one of my favorite finds this summer! Syd's awesome mom took all of the pictures of my classroom for me! LOVE YOU SHANNON!

I have lots more to share with you, but will leave you with this one! I LOVE how our supply cabinet turned out and the Dollar Tree bins are a STEAL and just the perfect colors!

I am excited to check out everyone's rooms today over at Blog Hoppin!

Happy Back to School friends!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Carmen, I love it all so much--I don't even know where to begin!!! It has such a wow factor when you look at the first picture...so bright and cheerful!! I love all of the chevron accents you've used. You've made me re-motivated to get back in my classroom and finish setting up! I'm so glad you year is off to a fantastic start :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are so sweet! I can't wait to see how your classroom all turns out! You are my hero in creating classroom environment! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your classroom looks fun and inviting and cozy! There is so much to look at that you don't really notice those bricks! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every inch of it! You've done a fabulous job... it looks so inviting!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and colorful room! It is great to blog hop and look at what everyone is doing to get ready for the new school year. Love the color scheme and bulletin boards!

    Renee from The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the chevron in your room and how colourful it is!

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your big letters for your bulletin board. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you do for data? That is something I intended on doing this year but didn't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete